This Thursday we’ll be kicking off our new Animates season with a feature presentation of the Oscar nominated festival favourite Ernest et Célestine. The film will be preceded by a selection of fantastic animated shorts and we’ll also be offering treats from Noisette Bakehouse and Studio Binky. You can read our full preview here.
To get in the mood we’ve recently put together a playlist of some of the best animated music promos around. Our playlists are determined on their music videos as much as their song choice and we feel this, the first of three this season, is arguably our most visual yet; showcasing animation techniques such as traditional hand drawn, stop-motion, computer-generated and rotoscope.
- Nobody Beats the Drum ‘Poisson Vert’ directed by Rogier van der Zwaag
- Grizzly Bear ‘Ready, Able’ dir. Allison Schulnick
- Pearl Jam ‘Do the Evolution’ dir. Kevin Altieri and Todd MacFarlane
- Efterklang ‘Polygyne’ dir. Carolina Melis
- Clinic ‘Bubblegum’ dir. Alasdair & Jock
- Queens of the Stone Age ‘Go With the Flow’ dir. Shynola
- Stuck in the Sound ‘Let’s Go’ dir. Alexis Beaumont & Rémi Godin
- Danger Beach ‘Apache’ dir. Ned Wenlock and Rodney Selby
- Darlingside ‘The Ancestor’ dir. Keith Boynton
- Gorillaz ‘Clint Eastwood’ dir. Jamie Hewlett and Pete Candeland
We still have some tickets available, if you’d like to join us for what is shaping up to be a great evening you can purchase yours over at our online ticket office.
Have a nice day and maybe we’ll see you Thursday!