This playlist has been put together to celebrate the launch of Juliana’s Bike on the 7th of July, as part of Leeds’ first Sky Ride.
To kick things off properly East Street Arts will have our own marquee set up on Cookridge Street from 10am complete with bar and music. There will be an open-to-all showcase of the cities most weird and wonderful bikes (including our very own Juliana’s Bike) and also a workshop or two for those who want to customise their own bikes. In the evening we are delighted to be hosting internationally renowned Blast Theory as they bring Rider Spoke to Leeds.
Juliana’s Bike is a trailblazing celebration of art and cycling that kicks off in July 2013. It features live events, art exhibitions, workshops, interactive games, and a smorgasbord of artistic interventions including a pedal-powered caravan cinema, a bike hotel on three wheels, bicycle polo leagues, night rides, pop-up pubs on bicycles, pedaloes, and even a dog on wheels! Why not join in and get on your bike?
- Queen – Bicycle Race
- Kraftwerk – Tour De France
- be your own PET – Bicycle Bicycle: You Are My Bicycle
- Mark Ronson – The Bike Song
- The Mixtures – Push Bike Song
- Kimya Dawson – I Like My Bike
- Ariana Deboo – Brand New Bike
- Team Me – Riding My Bicycle (from Ragnvalsbekken to Sørkedalen)
- The Grave Architects – The Bike Song
- The Lennings – Bike
Juliana’s Bike is organised by East Street Arts and forms part of Bike Fest and the Grand Départ Cultural Festival.