It was a gorgeous sunny weekend in Leeds and after much time spent singing along to ELO’s Mr Blue Sky, those cheerful folk at Leeds Inspired put a request out on Twitter for a Beautiful Day playlist. Luckily for us, Duncan graciously took up the challenge, and here it is! Enjoy.
Just over a year into twitter and part of me wonders what a 45 year old is doing writing playlists, but that bit has been quickly and completely wiped out by my love of music, and the chance to come up with a list.
So – to a Beautiful Day. I feel it shouldn’t be just a ‘good’ day but things that sum up a day that is beautiful.
- Well all days start with a sunrise so – The Sun Rising – The Beloved
- Dog Days Are Over – Florence and the Machine. The start of better days.
- Lovely Day – Bill Withers. A great happy, sunny, beautiful day song.
- Hometown Glory – Adele. Always reminds me of wandering round both Leeds and London on sunny days, listening with my iPod.
- La Femme D’Argent – Air. A hot secluded beach.
- Sometimes The Sea – This Is The Kit. A different sort of beach song, but just as beautiful.
- Heart Skipped A Beat – The XX. A beautiful day can stop your heart, even if your beautiful friend is missing.
- Snowflake – Kate Bush. A beautiful day doesn’t need to be warm.
- A Candle’s Fire – Beirut. Happy times with friends, probably some real ale too!
- Last Night The Sky – Lamb. A beautiful day takes a darker turn, but getting lost can be the start of a great adventure.