Tonight I went to the launch event for Live At Leeds – a metropolitan music festival held each year on the first May bank holiday weekend. The festival runs from Friday – Monday but the main event on Saturday 4th May, sees over 100 bands playing venues across the city, accessible with an all-you-can-hear festival wristband, at the bargain price of £22.50!
Here are the first wave of bands announced tonight … pretty ace line up don’t you think?
True to the Leeds Playlist format, here’s a selection of thirteen acts I’m looking forward to seeing at Live At Leeds 2013. Who’s on your list?
- Everything Everything – Kemosabe
- AlunaGeorge – Your Drums, Your Love
- Wave Machines – Ill Fit
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra – Swim and Sleep
- Sweet Baboo – Bounce
- The 1975 – The City
- Theme Park – Wildest Moments
- Peace – Wraith
- Rudimental – Spoons
- Darwin Deez – Radar Detector
- Post War Glamour Girls – Today I Am a Man
- Swim Deep – Orange County
- Soley – Smashed Birds
For more information on the festival and where to buy tickets visit www.liveatleeds.com