“Why a playlist all about bikes”, I hear you ask?
Well, this December, Thursday 20th to be exact, Minicine are proud to be screening black and white masterpiece BICYCLE THIEVES at Armley Mills Industrial Museum.
Throughout November we asked people to vote for which film they’d like to see shown at our final event of the year and Vittorio De Sica’s neorealist classic won with an unrivalled 59% of the vote.
BICYCLE THIEVES follows Antonio and young Bruno, father and son, as they search for the man’s bike which is stolen on the first day of his new job. The two must search the busy streets of post-war Rome to find the bike before the end of the day or risk Antonio being fired and unable to provide for his growing family.
The Palace Picturehouse in Armley Mills Industrial Museum is a cosy 26 seat cinema styled with 1930’s decor and has been a good home to Minicine for the last 2 years now.
We hope you can join us on Thursday 20th December at 7PM for an evening of film (including some of our most popular shorts from the year), hot drinks (tea, coffee, hot chocolate) and homemade cake. Surely enough to warm your cockles on these cold winter nights?
Tickets are available at minicine.bigcartel.com but seats are limited so be sure to get them while you can!
See you at a screening soon.
- 01 – Bicycle, Bicycle, You Are My Bicycle – Be Your Own Pet
- 02 – Bicycle – Memory Tapes
- 03 – The Bike Song – Mark Ronson & The Business International
- 04 – Bicycle – Vybz Kartel
- 05 – Nine Million Bicycles – Kate Melua
- 06 – Daisy Bell (On A Bicycle Made For Two) – Dinah Shore
- 07 – Bicycle – African Music Machine
- 08 – Bicycle – Copper Cat
- 09 – The Bike, Sir – Oh No! Oh My!
- 10 – Bicycle – Mark Olsen & Gary Louris