It’s been four whole months since I set up Leeds Playlist. Nearly 150 posts later, 1500 music tracks and 15,000 visits – I’m ready to make some changes!
Things I’ve learnt in these past four months:
- I can blog daily – but this doesn’t mean that I should.
- I can blog under the influence of alcohol – but this doesn’t mean that I should.
- I would like to write more about the people making playlists.
- I would like to spend more time listening to these playlists before the next one comes along.
- Rules are made to be broken – especially when you’ve set them yourself.
There is a wonderful blogging/Twitter community in Leeds who have been very generous to me. Thankyou to everyone who has made a playlist, wrote about the blog, re-tweeted links, left comments and generally been supportive. You make my heart sing.
So, in the future, each playlist will be submitted into categories sounding something like these:
- 10 songs about me – I will set 10 questions and the person being profiled will answer with 10 songs
- I made you a mixtape – Songs for someone or somewhere close to your heart, an object of your affection – dedicated in a mixtape stylee
- Earworms – A single tune you’ve been listening to, plus where and when you heard it
- Events – A playlist about an event coming up in Leeds as a taster for the music you’ll hear there
- Requests – Request a playlist to be made for you for a certain purpose or occasion
- Random – Your own freestyle themes
I wouldn’t set any more monthly themes and I’d be posting less frequently, but it will hopefully be more ‘structured’.
What do you think? Feedback gratefully received!
Wend aka @Wandapops