A long time ago I wondered if it were possible to put together a collection of songs about knitwear, because I was so taken with ‘Where’s me jumper’ by the Sultans of Ping FC and ‘The Sweater song’ by Weezer.
After many years I’ve realised this was far too small a niche to explore, so here I’ve expanded the theme to include the rest of the outfit. I think there’s a little something in this capsule wardrobe to suit everyone. Wrap up warm and don’t forget your vest.
- Underwear – Pulp
- Rock your socks – Tenacious D
- Back in Denim – Denim
- Where’s me jumper – The Sultans of Ping FC
- Undone (the Sweater Song) – Weezer
- Short Shorts – The Royal Teens
- Short Skirt/Long Jacket – Cake
- Hand in Glove – The Smiths
- Blue Suede Shoes – Elvis
- You can leave your hat on – Etta James