I can’t say I know much about music at all, and I am clueless about 99.9% of the music out there, but here’s my attempt at a political/protest/revolution playlist that makes me want to change the world.
I discovered Grace Petrie last year on the Alternative Reality Tour, organised by comedian Josie Long. It was a tour about politics and protest, and since then I have been listening to lots of music with meaning. There are some songs that make you want to get out your seat and fight for a change, and some songs that make you feel like there can be a better future.
- Thunderclap Newman- Something in the air
- Gil Scott-Heron- The revolution will not be televised
- Bob Dylan- Times they are a changing
- Tracy Chapman- Talking about a revolution
- Billy Bragg- The world turned upside down
- Grace Petrie- Emily Davison blues
- Billy Bragg- There is power in a union
- The King Blues- Set the world on fire
- Ani DiFranco- Which side are you on?
- John Lennon- Imagine