I had this idea to do a playlist where the next song would be a response to the one before it so a dialogue of sorts would develop. This playlist didn’t quite work out that way but…
This playlist represents the tale of two lovers– NO WAIT, COME BACK, IT’S NOT THAT BAD! … A tale of two lovers with each alternating track representing the perspective of either the guy or the girl at key points in their relationship. And like most relationships the playlist is filled with declarations of love, sweetness, secrets, contradictions, second thoughts, regrets and resentment.
Now that there is some pretentious bullshit!
- Thirteen – Elliott Smith
- Uninvited (Demo) – Alanis Morissette
- In My Room – Incubus
- The First Taste – Fiona Apple
- My Girl – The Temptations
- I’m His Girl – Friends
- Losing You – John Butler Trio
- Perfect Now – Sarah Blasko
- Love Ridden – Fiona Apple
- Somebody That I Used To Know – Gotye