This theme was first posted by Phil Wall here and is proving very popular as other playlisters send their versions.
Jo @_inmediares gives us her top ten soundtrack selections with not a hint of shame! OK maybe a hint…
1. Glenn Frey — The Heat Is On (from Beverly Hills Cop) – I will bounce up and down on the bed to this. What’s not to love.
2. Starship — Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now (from Mannequin) – First vinyl I ever bought. I’m not proud.
3. Chopsticks scene (from Big) If you didn’t love this film when you were growing up you have no soul.
4. Peter Gabriel — The Book of Love (from Shall We Dance?) A real guilty pleasure. Long story short, Richard Gere is taking secret dancing lessons with Jennifer Lopez and Susan Sarandon finds out. I bawl uncontrollably at this clip. Every. Single. Time.
5. Doris Day — Whip Crack Away (from Calamity Jane) ‘Last to the bar’s a three-legged crow.’ This is weekend sofa TV from my childhood. I’d clear an afternoon for it.
6. Amy Holland — Iko Iko (from K-9) Will get stuck in your brain.
7. Devo — Girl You Want (from Tank Girl) Terrible film. Awesome song.
8. Tia Carrera — Ballroom Blitz (from Wayne’s World) Cue air guitar.
9. Cher — The Shoop Shoop Song (from Mermaids) Speaks for itself.
10. John Hiatt — Have a Little Faith In Me (from Benny and Joon) Wacko boy meets wacko girl and irons toast.